Learn ballroom dance in a fun and casual class at Bethesda!
- Tuesdays 6:30-7:30pm; flexible attendance policy; come when you can!
- Taught by Christina Castaneda; see her bio below
- No charge; suggested donation of $5 per class to benefit Bethesda
- Singles and couples welcome; rotating partner system in class
- The wider New Haven community is invited
- Both new dancers and those with experience can join
- A few weeks dedicated to each type of dance
- Sign up, and receive updates, by emailing BethesdaDance@yahoo.com
Takes place in the Campanius room, below the church, at 450 Whitney Avenue in New Haven. Free parking at 450 Whitney Avenue and around 305 St. Ronan Street. Wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
Here is Christina’s bio:
Christina Castaneda has studied dance since the age of 3 and has trained in various styles including Lyrical, Ballet, Jazz, Modern, Contemporary, and American Style Ballroom. She received intense Ballroom coaching from Wanda Deagen, under whose direction she competed professionally in Las Vegas at the World Promotions Ballroom Competition. Christina then attended New York’s Summer Dance Fest Teacher Workshop hosted by the Broadway Dance Center earning a Certificate of Recognition from Dance Teacher Magazine. She taught for the Dance Tree in Houston, TX, and, in 2005, earned the position of assistant director of Ballet New Braunfels where she later became director and led annual productions of The Nutcracker until 2015. Christina also worked with the New Braunfels Theatre Company to co-choreograph the musicals Grease, Cinderella, and From Us to You. Most recently, she competed twice in the Christian Youth Theater’s annual Dancing with the Stars of New Braunfels and in 2015 was an honored judge. Christina is happy to have brought over 20 years of teaching experience to New Haven and is enthusiastic about being part of the local arts education community.